Saturday, October 24, 2009

Freitag

Another fun and crazy Friday!
For lunch I finally resolved to try a place I had heard was the best burrito in Berlin (not saying much). It was actually decent! And there was spice! I reviewed it on Qype (see below), which is like the European Yelp. I'll definitely be going back there when I have burrito cravings.
After work I met Celia at the Turkish Market to buy ingredients for Sunday's supper club. I looove the Turkish Market. During my pricing trip on Tuesday, I picked up avocados and a big beautiful mango. Mmmm. Since we were there, we bought stuff to make dinner as well, deciding to finally sample the delicious-looking salmon at the fish stall. When we got home, we cooked a feast: salmon, mango salsa, guacamole, and a salad. yum yum.

I was feeling tired but Berlin never rests and there were things to do!!! First up was an art show at Stadtbad Wedding, a cool venue which used to be a Stadtbad, or public pool. We wandered around the changing rooms and showers upstairs, which had neat little installations in them, and checked out the pool, but we couldn't actually go in it :( Pictures to come. Next was a Simian Mobile Disco show that Eric was on the guest list for but we didn't have tickets to. We sidled up to the front of the line and said we were on the guest list, then they let us in to the counter where we paid as if we had waited on line. It was a good little trick and we got in just in time to see the main event. It was an AWESOME show. Finally, there was a WG party around the corner from our apartment which was way epic.
I'm excited for supper club tomorrow!
Bis bald,
D.

1 comment:

  1. Alo, love! So your foodie adventures have inspired me, and right now I'm stirring up a recipe of butterkuchen in your honor :)

    ReplyDelete