Monday, September 14, 2009

Ich habe eine Wohnung gefunden!

I heard back from Moritz, the freelance photographer of option 3 below (most of you guessed right!) and he said though he liked me better, a Canadian guy had outbid me. I made a counteroffer, but the Canadian guy upped it again and Moritz accepted. I found this out yesterday morning and was back to square one, so I spent almost the entire day on my computer looking for more places and emailing/calling people about them. I went to see a couple in the early evening before meeting a friend for a movie (Army of Darkness by the way, it was fantastic) and one was right down the street from Moritz's place. Two guys: an Australian film projector (cool profession, eh?) and a Canadian German-English translator, both young and chill. Big balcony, roof access, decent bathroom, big kitchen, and my room is quite large as well. We got along great and an hour or so later they called and offered me the room. It's not quite so nicely decorated as Moritz's but it will be comfortable, not to mention fun, not to mention much cheaper. They love the neighborhood and tell me I have nothing to worry about in that regard. I canceled my extra nights at the hostel and tomorrow is moving day!
I'll post pics soon.
Bis bald,
D.

1 comment: