Monday, September 7, 2009

Wilkommen in Berlin!

I arrived in Berlin at 7am this morning, having flown from NY via Düsseldorf. The flight was fine, I slept, I ate, I watched The Hangover (again). Communicated with the flight attendants mostly in German, with a couple small hiccups. I've got to learn not to get that deer-in-headlights look when I don't understand something right away. Usually I know intuitively what they mean, but I'm not sure so I end up with this gaping bug-eyed look on my face that makes everyone switch immediately to English. It's embarassing! Still, trying to be optimistic about my ability to function in German. Succeeded in speaking only German with the taxi driver, so that was my little success for the day.
Nervous about finding an apartment, but trying to stay calm, which is never an easy task for me, haha!
After a six-hour nap, hoping I'll be able to sleep tonight. Certainly feel tired enough.
Bis bald,
D.

1 comment: