Monday, September 14, 2009

In Schwimmenden Fett

The title is how the Germans say 'deep fried.' It means literally 'in swimming fat.' At least they're honest.
Incidentally I am writing this from work and German keyboards are just ever so slightly different in frustrating ways. The Y and Z are switched and the use of an apostrophe requires pushing shift, among other things.
Anyway the title is something of a reference to Saturday's dinner at The Bird, an American bar and restaurant known for its burgers. I met with Marco from Stanford, who left yesterday, for his last burger at a place he went to every Friday and Sunday all summer (way to experience the local culture, haha). I had a huuuge patty melt which was messy and delicious and then capped it off with cheesecake and Jameson, Marco's 'traditional' dessert. I have to say the cheesecake might have been the best I ever had, and the whiskey was a nice compliment. As we wandered (or rather waddled) vaguely bar-ward after, I happened to run into a father-son pair who were on my tour, so we went to a Biergarten with them. Then we met some of Marco's work friends at a bar where the walls are lined with bed-like platforms. It was a good chill night.
Bis bald,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment