Friday, September 18, 2009

Jazz usw

usw=und so weiter=etcetera
On Wednesday I went to the weekly live jazz show at a small underground bar (more of a brick bunker really) in Mitte (central Berlin). A friend of mine who goes every week invited me. The guys in the jazz group are so awesome, you can see how much they love just doin their thang. The banjo player was really great, so was the violinist, and the trumpet player cracked me up. It was fun. And I scandalized all the Germans when I drank a beer bigger than my head. Afterwards we went and swing-danced, which I have never done before but always wanted to try. I managed not to fall over, so that was good.
There was also good news at work, a big project in the works, so yesterday we had this big meeting about it and things around the office are a little more busy now (which isn't saying much, haha).
Last night I went to the opening of the Thomas Demand show at the Neue Nationalgalerie. Almost everyone there was extremely well-dressed; it was good people-watching. I love how you can just wander around here with a glass of wine or bottle of beer in your hand. People were mingling outside the gallery just like an outdoor cocktail party. It's not an uncommon sight to see someone walking around with an open beer bottle sticking out of their coat pocket or hopping on the train with beer in hand. In fact in the evenings it almost seems out of place to be on the train without a beer, haha. My kinda town.
Bis bald,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment