Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wohnungen

die Wohnung=apartment
I have seen 4 apartments in the last couple days and am seeing two more tomorrow. I have, however, already found the one I want and have told the landlord/lady I want it. I am just waiting for him/her to decide if I get it. Can you guess which one it is?
Listed in the order I saw them:

OPTION 1: 1 member of a 5-person residential art collective. Big room to myself to which I could do whatever I want. Small and dark bathroom & kitchen, inconvenient location. Basement performance/exhibit space. Creativity & Community.

OPTION 2: Live alone in a small but cool apartment in a somewhat isolated neighborhood. Cool decorations and good dusk-time view of bats swooping around the courtyard.

OPTION 3: Live with a freelance photographer and his cat in a newly renovated apartment with kooky homemade art and vintage furniture. Located in a neighborhood that some think is unsafe and uncultured, but younger people tend to think is hip and underground (I liked what I saw of it). Big sunny bedroom for me and access to the balcony.

OPTION 4: Live with two older people, one of whom seems kinda whacko, and a cat in a sunny room with sloping windows in an attic apartment. Interior decoration questionable at best. Main living space is gloomy. Funny story: the guy who I would be taking over the room from happens to be someone I knew at Stanford! Small world.

Which will it be?!? There are also two more being seen tomorrow, so...stay tuned!
Bis bald,
D.

3 comments:

  1. The first one the first one! Zany art co-op adventures await! Or, you know, you'll do a lot of drugs and start wearing sunglasses all the time. But you have so many sunglasses that it'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its kind of a tough one between option 1 or option 3. i'm leaning towards 3....

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3! Though #4 is reminiscent of Cole's stories, living with his WOMENZ and their cat, so it might be amusing.

    ReplyDelete